Royal Thailand Experience - From Bangkok to Chiang Mai
Head towards Northern Thailand and discover amazing destinations along the way. Explore the ancient cities throughout your trip including Ayutthaya, Uthai Thani, Sukhothai, Chiang Rai, Chaing Mai and more. All with accommodations and transfers and meals* included. This 6-day tour combines attractive places and activities in various regions and is an excellent way to discover the essence of Thailand. This tour is provided in 2 languages English and German.
What to Expect
Day 1: Bangkok / Ayutthaya / Uthai Thani [320KM.] (Includes Dinner)BANGKOK -NAKORN CHAISRI RIVER AYUTTHAYA – UTHAI THANI
- Pick up from the hotel and drive to Nakorn Chaisri River to board on a converted rice barge at Lampaya Temple. Enjoy approx. One hour River Cruise sees water vegetable plantations, water birds and the way of life of Thai people along the riverside
- Then continue to Ayutthaya to visit the UNESCO's World Heritage ancient city. Ayutthaya was a former and by far the most extended working capital of the Siamese Kingdom that existed from 1350 to 1767. In the sixteenth century, it was described by foreign traders as one of the biggest and wealthiest cities in the East.
- Then proceed to Uthai Thani to visit the Glass Temple, Wat Tasung, famous for its big and magical hall made of glasses. The big temple complex serves as the Buddhist meditation center. Before the check-in, you will have an opportunity to visit the local market with all local products and delicacies.
- Dinner and overnight at the Country Lake Nature Lodge. Upon request, guests can enjoy a guided garden walk led by the owner to learn about organic farming, herbicide, and plants around the farm.
Day 2: Nakhon Sawan / Kamphaeng Phet / Sukhothai [300 KM.](Includes Breakfast, Lunch)NAKORN SAWAN –HUB PATAD – KAMPHAENGPHET – SUKHOTHAI
- After breakfast, visit a typical Thai Village to witness the most excellent Thai hand skills, and beautiful intricate hand weaving. In the village, almost every house is a small weaving manufacturer, which makes a little enhancement to the income of the farmer's family.
- Proceed to Hub Patad Valley. Surrounded by old limestone mountains, the hidden forest of rare big palm trees, which seem to be from the time of the "Jurassic Park," is waiting to be explored by the outside world. Then continue to Kamphaengphet to visit Wat Pra Kaew, a large royal temple where was used on important city events and had no monks in residence.
- Continue to Sukhothai, founded in the 13th century, literally means "Dawn of Happiness." It was the first truly independent Thai Kingdom, which enjoyed a golden age under King Ramkamhaeng, credited with the creating of Thai alphabets.
- Visit the Historical Park of Sukhothai, the first capital of Thailand and a must-see for all travelers. The superb temples and monuments of Sukhothai will leave you in awe. The highlight of this UNESCO World Heritage site is the temple of Wat Mahathat and the temple of Wat Sri Chum.
- Overnight at the Le Charme Hotel in Sukhothai.
Day 3: Phrae / Phayao / Chiang Rai [400 KM.](Includes Breakfast, Lunch)PHRAE – PHAYAO – WAT RONG KUN - CHIANG RAI
- Take a morning road trip after breakfast to Phrae, visit Prathat Suthon Temple which boasts the beautiful Northern Thai style building. Teak wooden museum displaying rare antiques in the temple compound is a must-visit.
- Continue to Chiang Rai via Phayao with a short break at the Lake of Kwan Phayao, the most significant freshwater fish habitat in the upper North which provides the livelihood of many of the local people. The surrounding scenery, particularly at dusk, is stunning.
- Continue to Chiang Rai, the city was built by King Meng Rai in 1262 and was a long period a center of Thai – Laotian Lanna Kingdom before defeated by the Burmese. Stop at the White Temple, Wat Rong Kun, a very unconventional Buddhist Temple projected by a temporary artist who still builds different parts of very spectacular statues and buildings inside a complex, kind of fairy - tale style.
- Then check-in at the hotel in Chiang Rai. Overnight at the Phowadol Resort in Chiang Rai.
Day 4: Chiang Rai / Golden Triangle / Chiang Mai [210 KM.](Includes Breakfast, Lunch)CHIANG RAI – GOLDEN TRIANGLE – CHIANG MAI – DOI SUITHEP
- Step on the area where 3 countries meet at the Golden Triangle
- Climb the stairs to the famous Doi Suthep and enjoy the panoramic view from atop
- Early morning, breakfast at the hotel, afterward, drive to Chiang Saen, an ancient capital located on the bank of the Mekong River. The ancestors from South China built it. They founded the first capital of Lanna Kingdom (about years 900-1000 A.D).
- Proceed to the Golden Triangle, where Thailand, Laos, and Myanmar meet on the Mekong River, which was once supposed to be the center of the poppy cultivation in Thailand.
- View the upstream scenery of the Golden Triangle and pay a visit to the Opium Museum. Lunch at a local restaurant. Then, continue to drive to Chiang Mai and uphill to visit Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, the most famous and respected temple in Chiang Mai. After ascending its 306 steps up to the golden Chedi (you can also take a lift there), behold the stunning view over Chiang Mai and the magical atmosphere of the temple and its shrines. Many Thai people visit this temple on the hill to pay respect and to make merit.
- Overnight at the Park Hotel or similar. (OPTIONAL - In the evening, there is a chance to go for the traditional Kantoke dinner with Northern dancing performances, with an additional fee).
Day 5: Chiang Mai [100 KM.](Includes Breakfast, Lunch)CHIANG MAI – MAE SA ELEPHANT CAMP – SANKAMPAENG
- A chance to get close to the Elephants, and learn how creative they are on the show.
- Shops for great souvenirs such as Northern style umbrella, or other handicraft products.
- Mae Sa Valley is our first destination (about 30 km from Chiang Mai). View elephants at work at Mae Sa Elephant Camp. Further to visit one of the biggest orchid farms in Chiang Mai.
- Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Visit Sankampaeng handicraft village, famous handicraft area of the North to see silk weaving, wood carving, and umbrella making.
- Overnight at the hotel in Chiang Mai.
Day 6: Chiang MaiCHIANG MAI - DEPARTURE (Includes Breakfast)
- Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport, train station or hotel in Chiang Mai City.
Country Lake Nature Lodge
Le Charme Sukhothai
Phowadol Resort & Spa
Lotus Pang Suan Kaew
Our Service Includes
- Hotel Pickup & drop-off
- Private Transport by Air-conditioned Vehicle
- Professional Guide
- Admission Fees
- Bottled Water
- Accidental Insurance
- Any personal expenses
- A cancellation fee of 100.0% is charged if canceled 15 day(s) or less before the event
- A cancellation fee of 30.0% is charged if canceled 30 day(s) or less before the event
Price per person
Reserve with 50% deposit
Stay flexible with your itinerary, secure your date with just the deposit.
We offer free cancellation for up to 72 hours in advance. More information see Cancellation Policy